In 1880, August Becker started a dairy farm with 50 acres. It grew to a 120-acres in what became Roseland.
Half of Becker park's 147 acres is comprised of this farm.
A small gauge railroad, the Centerville and Southwestern, delighted children and adults from 1940 to 1972.
Most of the railroad were moved to the Phillipsburg Railroad Historians Museum in Phillipsburg, NJ where it can be seen today.
The entrance is south of where Foulertons Brook crosses Eagle Rock avenue at Locust Avenue.
Located between Eagle Rock Avenue and Interstate 280.
Together with Riker Hill Art Park and Kiddie Dinosaur Park, form the Riker Hill Complex.
First trail follows the road to the top of the hill.
Second trail goes right immediately before the bridge, goes up through the forest
There is a split as the trail continues through the through "Dinasour Park" to the lookout, and back.
Take the left arm ot the split and a fairly stiff trail leads up to the Missle base. Now Riker Hill Art Park.
The third goes left after the bridge, through the PSEG Right of way, turns up , crosses back across the right of way, returns via the road.
This is a google map so you can click satellite to see an aerial view or zoom in/out.